There are millions of people in the world who are suffering from scabies. There are many problems that affected people face, but what main is, how to remove scabies mites from your clothes to stop re-infection. All you need is to wash them with hot water and dry it well before you wear them.
Scabies refer to a type of skin infection that is caused by the eight-legged bug. The term “scabies” is actually a Latin word which means scratch. The tiny mites cause an allergy or a skin reaction leading to rash and a continuous itching.
The one who suffers from scabies, should remain away from human skin from 2-3 days. Things used by scabies affected people in bedding, clothing and bathing should be decontaminated in washing machine with hot water, and should be dried in machine drier or dry cleaning.
Items that can’t be washed like soap, shampoo, can be decontaminated by keeping away from the reach of human beings at least for 72 hours.
Washing Clothes with Vacuum, Washing machine, or Laundry
- To get more safe for yourself and family as well, one can vacuum their clothes. From bed sheets to wearables, just vacuum everything keeping safety in your mind. After vacuuming, wash them and dry with the washing machine dryer.
- Scabies lasts on your clothes up to 72 hours. Then, they die at 122f i.e., 50C. So, with the help of hot water washing, you can remove scabies mites from your clothes.
- Take care of your clothes and belongings till you get rid of this infection. You just need to take care of a few things like;
- Do your best to stay away from those people who come in contact on a daily basis with you.
- If possible, never ever throw your clothes in an open area of your room or house. It might spread infection and germs to other members of the house as well.
- As soon as you remove your clothes, just put it in washing machine to wash them before mites start falling from your clothes.
- If you are not in a state to wash your clothes or vacuum them, then you might give your clothes to laundry as well. With a proper instruction, you can give them to Laundry so that they wash them with special care and attention. This way one can remove scabies mites from clothes without a risk of re-infection.
- Just apply the cream before you go to sleep, this lowers the risk of infection. And, your clothes can also be washed easily with proper removal of the infection.